Dear St John’s Families,
Blessings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus!
We very much appreciate the transparency with which you have communicated to us on your family’s health, and we will continue to do so on our end as circumstances shift throughout the school year. In that spirit, we must share with you a letter from Tomás J. Aragón, the Director and State Public Health Officer for the California Department of Public Health.
This document is from the California Department of Public Health and has recently been reinforced in direct communications from the Orange County Health Care Agency. After much prayer and discussion with our campus leadership, Trustees, School Board, and legal advisors, we are updating our Covid-related language as follows:
In alignment with the California Department of Public Health and Orange County Health Care Agency, St. John’s Lutheran School requires all individuals (students, faculty, staff, volunteers, visitors, etc.) to wear masks in indoor school settings.
St. John’s Lutheran is compelled by state and county authorities to inform our families of the multifaceted Covid protocols in place which include:
- Masks are available at the school office and in all classrooms
- Parents and students will be informed as to the benefits of wearing masks
- Teachers will remind students at the start of each day of the requirement to wear masks and will have masks available for students
- Parents are asked to partner with us in reminding students of the mask requirement
- Signs will be placed at multiple locations, reminding all stakeholders of the requirement to wear masks when indoors
- Quarantine requirements will be carefully administered, following all OCHCA decision making tools and guidelines for contact tracing, including both curricular and extra-curricular activities
The full letter from St. John’s Church and School Leadership is here:
God’s blessings to you all,
St. John’s Lutheran Church and School
Board of Trustees
Council of Schools
Administrative Leadership Team