Every summer, two weeks before the upcoming school year begins, twenty-four 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students from the St. John’s Lutheran School Student Leadership Team attend an on-campus “retreat.” The morning sessions of August 5th, 2019 provided this year’s team the opportunity to plan, prepare and strategize for the major events it will host for the upcoming school year, including:
- Spring Spirit Week planning
- Packaging 75 Open House “Survival Kits” for the incoming 6th graders
- Habit of Mind presentation training with Mr. Mercier
- Habitudes (Images that Form Leadership Habits and Attitudes) training with Mr. Mercier
- Peer Counseling training with Miss Doyle
- Life Group Leader training with Mrs. VB
- Shepherding instructions with Mr. Stuewe
After eating lunch with Dr. Hollatz, Mrs. VB was gracious enough to host a team building pool party at her house. This gave our Student Leaders an opportunity to get to know each other in a fun, safe, encouraging environment.
The St. John’s Student Leadership Team is excited to serve our schools student body, our congregation and community. What a blessing it is to have such a dedicated group of students and teachers who want to make a positive difference in the lives of so many people during the 2019-2020 school year.
By: Mr. Nathan Mercier, 6th grade, Student Leadership